Not so curiously, everyone has an opinion on what to drink when it´s boiling hot. And, obviously, the healthiest option would be something alcohol-free! However, indisputably, that can not be a serious suggestion, can it?
Anyway, after asking some mates to give me some advice the following is what they suggested. You should drink:
- A Jamie Oliver Cosmopolitan
- A James Bond Vesper
- A white wine spritzer
- A fuzzy or pierced navel
Please remember that I´m utterly hopeless in the kitchen, so in your opinion which of the above do you think is by far the easiest to make?
A cosmopolitan, or informally a cosmo, is a cocktail made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed lime juice or sweetened lime juice. It’s delicious!
Want to make one? No problem. Watch the video here
Is the cosmopolitan Janette’s summer cocktail of 2018?
Well, the ‘Cosmo’ was very popular for the girls in the hit TV series, Sex and the City, and it has also been recommended by my football mate in England. However, I’m not sure I fancy this drink. What do you reckon, is this going to be the summer cocktail of Málaga?
Many in the UK describe themselves as ‘foodies’, but do they really know about food? Listen to the BBC 6 minute podcast, and find out the answer.
OK, forget fried eggs, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, baked eggs, sunny-side up eggs, Jamie Oliver, the well-known British Chef, explains how to make the perfect poached egg.
As many of you know I have a sweet tooth, so as Halloween is around the corner it´s time to try some spooky recipes:
- Spooky biscuits
- Pumpkin Pie
- Halloween cupcakes
So, despite my inability and reluctance to turn on my cooker, I’ve decided to host a festive formal dinner party.
With this in mind, I need to be reminded about the right way of doing things; the things that I am not supposed to do, and the things that I should or ought to do.
I did check on the Internet but, holy smokes, people take this form of entertainment far too seriously! Seriously, it’s mental, there are even books written about it!
So, so far this is my list:
- You should check to see if any guests have a specific dietary requirement. SHOULD It’s a good thing to do.
- You ought not to invite a stripper for the evening’s entertainment. OUGHT NOT TO It’s not the right thing to do.
- You had better learn how to cook something because ordering a takeaway isn’t the right thing to do. HAD BETTER: It’s the best thing to do.
- You are not supposed to drink like a fish when you are the hostess. BE SUPPOSED TO. It’s not the right thing to do, but you probably will do it anyway.
So in a nutshell:
- Disinvite gluten-free people, lactose-free people, people allergic to nuts, meat eaters, fish eaters, teetotallers, people who blog about food.
- Cancel or postpone stripper.
- Throw away packaging so nobody knows I spent an arm and a leg at El Piano buying homemade vegetarian takeaway food.
- Pour vodka into water bottles.
The Guardian reports: ”Nine of the world’s biggest fishing companies have signed up to protect the world’s oceans, pledging to help stamp out illegal activities, including the use of slave labour, and prevent overfishing.”
Read the full news resport here.
To be like sardines in a can is a coloquial idiom used to describe a large amount of people in a small place.
For example: The concert was so crowded, we were like sardines in a can
You must be logged in to post a comment.