My friend is coming to stay with me for a week over Christmas 2012. We are planning to spend a few days ‘chilling out’ in Malaga; eating, drinking, opening presents and (talking to Picasso!). However, we also fancy doing a few active things. My friend suggested cycling on the‘Via Verde’. My response was: ‘What is the Via Verde? So, she sent me 2 links: http://www.andalucia.com/rural/walking/viasverde-countryside.htm and http://www.viasverdes.com/GreenWays
Wow, it sounds great and it looks so beautiful, doesn’t it?
However, I need your help, your knowledge and your advice. If you have time, would you mind answering the following questions?
- Is it possible to cycle the whole route in one day?
- Where can we hire bikes from?
- Is the end of December a good time to go?
- Are there places to stay overnight along the route?
- Can we get there from Málaga by public transport?
- Do you think it’s a good thing to do?