Sounds great, right?
Well, not according to these researchers. If you have time and enthusiasm, you can read the full article here.
Imagine you work in an open-plan office and the staff member who works opposite you is a gigantic chatterbox. This is becoming a huge problem for you because you are finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate on your work. Indeed, most days you don’t finish your daily tasks, and consequently have to work unpaid overtime.
And, last but not least, it’s costing you a fortune in headache painkillers. What would you do?
Imagine the big cheese has just informed you that your company has merged with another competitor and that your post is going to be terminated. What do you do?
Hopefully, your workplace is full of friendly staff, inspirational leaders, motivational managers and a constant supply of chocolate muffins! However, there’s always one person who annoys the hell out of you and constantly gets on your nerves. So, imagine the following dilemma: what would you do?
Unfortunately, a lot of people waste their entire lives being busybodies. I say, life is short, go and grab your own life.
Add the following links to your browser’s favourites (Firefox, Internet Explorer etc ). These sites are for anyone who wants to improve their business English, or for people who want to improve their language skills in the context of a specific profession, for example: legal English.
- Professional Business English: The British Council
- Cambridge Professional English Support
- The Conversation:If you are an advanced learner, then this website is a must. The topics are inspirational, and it´s easy to improve your vocabulary and review grammatical structures and phrases in context.
Inglés Málaga offers business English courses and workshops to help you achieve your professional goals.
- All About .com English as a Second Language: To sign up for daily emails on grammar and vocabulary tips, click here:ESL Daily Email
- All About .com English as a Second Language: To sign up for a weekly email on a variety of topics, click here: ESL Weekly Email Please note: the place to subscribe is in the top, left hand corner of the webpage.
- Splendid Speaking: This resource is great for Intermediate – Advanced learners. Sign up for weekly challenges.
- The Conversation: For advanced learners this website is brilliant to improve your vocabulary and review grammatical structure in context.
For more support, please view the Link In section of the Inglés Málaga site.
As a bookworm, I am mad about reading. Books are educational, informative and entertaining. They give you the opportunity to experience countries and cultures that you have never been to. They give you the opportunity to think about things in completely different ways.
Furthermore, reading in English, will quickly help you to improve your language skills and reinforce useful structures, phrases and ideas in context. In light of this, why not listen to a Ted talks presentation by Lisa Bu who gives us her thoughts about the magic of books? Books can open your mind!