Category Archives: SpeakingImage Image Image
First, talk about the advantages and disadvantages of these jobs. Then decide which two jobs would be the best for students.
Here are some ideas to help you:
- Salary: Badly paid, well paid
- Role: Opportunity to practise foreign languages, develop new skills and abilities
- Type of job – skills and knowledge required: Low skilled work, technical job, strong communication skills, great interpersonal skills,
- Working Conditions: temporary contract, flexible working hours, unsociable working hours, no sick pay, great holiday allowance,
- Type of person required: Ability to work under pressure, adaptable, creative, a people person, flexible, ability to work as part of team, ability to work independently, inventive, physically fit, strong emotional intelligence
- Additional: Challenging, boring, interesting, rewarding, educational, stressful, physically demanding, monotonous, wide variety of daily tasks
If you are interested in the topic of work, jobs and employment, why not check out the Work and Jobs section of this website.
I want a good job?
OK, but seriously, who wants to have a bad job?! So, with this in mind, what does it mean to have a good job? Have you ever considered what makes a good job? Is it more than just the salary and the holiday allowance?
From this list of key factors, how would you rate their level of importance? You might want to consider:
- Which three aspects are the most important for you, and why?
- Whether your thoughts have changed from when you were younger?
- Whether you think they will change when you are older?
What was the murderer’s motive? Where is the evidence? Which witness is lying and who is telling the truth? How can you catch the criminal and make the evidence stick? Do you have the deductive powers and linguistic abilities to work out the clues and solve the mystery of who done it?
If you think you’ve got what it takes, and you want to improve your English skills at the same time, then why not take part in the Inglés Málaga Crime Scene Investigation event?
If you want to apply to be a CSI-Málaga detective, then please contact us for further information.
The Inglés Málaga Chat Room sessions are small group classes that are focused on improving your ability to have a conversation and express your ideas with fluency, accuracy and confidence. They are not focused on preparing for exams, memorizing verb conjugations like a parrot, nor using acronyms and other confusing bits and bobs of the alphabet: LOL, WTF, KYS, OMW!!
If you want more information about the Inglés Málaga Chat Room sessions, drop me a line and I´ll fill you in on the details.
An intercambio or language exchange is a system for practising your speaking and listening skills. If you have time, it’s a brilliant way to practise English, learn new things about different countries and cultures, and obviously, get to know more people. Listed below are some organisations that might be useful.
- Pachange Málaga
- Language exchange Málaga
- Conversation Exchange Málaga
- Language Meetup
- Language for Exchange Málaga
In fact, when we first came to Spain we did loads of intercambios and advertised through: Mundioanuncio. We met some wonderful people and learnt a lot about Spain and Andalusia. However, if you decide to arrange your own intercambio, then please be careful and use common sense. You should meet in public places during the day, and definitely tell friends and family where you are going and who you are meeting.