- ‘Get away from her you bitch!’
- “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
- “May the force be with you.”
- “A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”
- Monday, Tuesday, THURSDAY, Wednesday, Friday, SUNDAY, Saturday”
- “Here’s Johnny!”
- “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
- “Houston, we have a problem”
- “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog todo!”
- “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.”
- “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me, aren’t you? “
- “A boy’s best friend is his mother.”
- “I see dead people.”
- “Show me the money!”
What´s the best way to have a blast?
What´s the best way to recharge your batteries?
What´s the best way to let you hair down?
LISTENING: I Make Animal Sounds!?!
Truth be told, I’m really keen on bizarre people. My favourite participant on the reality TV show, Big Brother, was a Welsh woman who said her favourite hobby was ‘blinking’. I mean – BLINKING, BLINKING, it’s a biological impossibility not to blink, how can that be a hobby?
And then, in Vietnam I met a British guy who told me his favourite pastime was to make animal sounds, so he spent the next 3 hours entertaining me with a lot of woof woofs, cluck, clucks, eeaw eeaws, and a cock a doodle do or two. It was hilarious, but not as hilarious as the next night when I hooked up with him and some other people from different nationalities and I found out that animals don’t make the same noises in different countries. OMG – I kid you not!
Don’t believe me? Well, check out this video
‘Some hobbies are physical, some challenge our mental capabilities but some are just bonkers. We recently interviewed 1000 people about their hobbies and we think: Planking, Cosplay and Gongoozling are three of the most wacky and insane hobbies we’ve ever heard of’
To win a 4 day City Break to a European destination of your choice, please write about the strangest hobby you have ever heard of. Keep it short; no more than 150 words please.
However, if you need more ideas, why not check out the hobby and interests section?
So, imagine that money and time weren’t problems, what five things would you most like to have a go at and why?
My top five would be:
- Formula 1 driving
- Collecting cinema posters
- Playing Mexican dominoes
- Learning how to sing or play a musical instrument
- Playing hockey. (Hockey, seriously is a great sport; and it definitely ticks all my boxes. I’s a team sport, it’s extremely physical, very aggressive but strategic at the same time)
Most people believe that the hobbies you take up and keep up are a reflection of your personality. In addition, it is also said that your hobbies give an indication of your specific skills and abilities.
With this in mind:
- What types of personalities and which skills and abilities do you think match the aforementioned hobbies?
- What do your hobbies say about your personality?
Finally, in my free time I am nuts about watching sport, doing adventure activities, disco dancing, opening bottles of wine and playing pool. So, do you think I’m a well-balanced person or do I need a therapist or maybe a witch doctor?