PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ENGLISH
Add the following links to your browser’s favourites (Firefox, Internet Explorer etc ). These sites are for anyone who wants to improve their business English, or for people who want to improve their language skills in the context of a specific profession, for example: legal English.
- Professional Business English: The British Council
- Cambridge Professional English Support
- The Conversation:If you are an advanced learner, then this website is a must. The topics are inspirational, and it´s easy to improve your vocabulary and review grammatical structures and phrases in context.
Inglés Málaga offers business English courses and workshops to help you achieve your professional goals.
GM food: on balance, do you think there are more long-term advantages than disadvantages? Not really sure?
Well, why not listen to two people debating the pros and the cons?
It really goes without saying that you can be completely broke and still have a blast in Málaga. So, if you are totally skint, and wondering what you can do on a hot summer´s evening that doesn´t cost a penny, then I would highly recommend that you check out the Outdoor Cinema festival that Málaga hosts every summer. Pack an evening picnic with snacks and booze, take a throw to sit on, call your mates, and go and watch a flick at the beach in your bikini.
A cosmopolitan, or informally a cosmo, is a cocktail made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed lime juice or sweetened lime juice. It’s delicious!
Want to make one? No problem. Watch the video here
For millions of young people around the world, living with autism is challenging enough without also having to deal with the prejudices of others.
Australian Hamish Finlayson is using his own experience of the condition to change perceptions of autism and increase awareness among his peers. The 13-year-old builds apps and games that help players better understand what it’s like to live with autism.
Many of this youngest generation, having grown up with technology, are building their own software to help spread awareness for many issues, from anxiety and mental health to cyberbullying. Finlayson is one of these bright sparks using his coding gift for the greater good.
Improve your English listening comprehension, and your general knowledge by listening to his story.
The Kazakh teen keeping people safe
Seventeen-year-old Aruzhan Koshkarova is trying to prevent people from going missing with an innovative new idea.
In Kazakhstan, walking home from school or work isn’t always safe. But Aruzhan Koshkarova, a high school student in Almaty, Kazakhstan, is trying to change that. She has developed QamCare, a GPS app that gives directions, but also warns loved ones if the user is in danger.
Improve your English listening comprehension, and your general knowledge by listening to her story.
Although, statistically speaking, the UK has the lowest unemployment rate (5.8%) in the last 6 years, what actually does this really mean? Well, according to these researchers, absolutely nothing good! If you have enthusiasm, you can read the full article here.
The following websites will help you to prepare for official Cambridge and EOI exams.
- Cambridge English Assessment A2, B1, C1, C2: Review only the language disciplines you are interested in
- Cambridge Exams B1, B2, C1, C2: Subscribe for weekly updates and quick language testing exercises with Flo-Joe.
- Cambridge CAE: C1: CAE Online Resource Directory:CAE Online Resource Directory
- Cambridge Internet TV
- EOI Writing
- EOI Speaking
The websites you should consider signing up to:
The following links will help improve your general comprehension, as well as strengthen your speaking, reading, writing and listening skills.
- English as a Second Language: Learn something new every day: sign up for daily emails on everything related to improving your English level:ESL Daily Emails
- Splendid Speaking: This resource is great for Intermediate – Advanced learners. Sign up for weekly challenges.
- The Conversation: If you are an advanced learner, then this website is a must. The topics are inspirational and it´s easy to improve your vocabulary, and review grammatical structures and phrases in context.
If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to drop us a line
Unfortunately, science still has a reputation for being a specialism for nerdy academic types, who are socially awkward but intellectually gifted. It´s a field, which disgracefully, is heavily dominated by men, and because the findings of research are never immediate, it is worryingly underfunded and undervalued from both the private and public sectors. In light of this, why not take your family and friends to the European Researchers´ Night on Friday the 29th of September and become a scientist for a day? Science is for everyone, science rocks!