It has recently been suggested to me that life is a series of random moments and that for a variety of inexplicable reasons the sum of our existence only comes down to luck and chance. Indeed, the brilliant scientist, Stephen Hawking, said: “The universe is just a great casino, where dice are thrown, and roulette wheels spun”. Well, despite the fact that it might be fashionable to believe this, and I’m sure there is some element of truth to it, it seems to me that this is a very lazy and passive way to look at life. I say: ”NO; take control, ‘coge los cojones’ and be responsible for your own destiny”.
With both viewpoints in mind, let’s think about the popular and well-known social event, speed dating, whereby you have three minutes to ask a bunch of questions to a bunch of people so as to make a decision on whether you want to hook up with them again. Is this situation random? Is it the luck of the draw who you meet? Well, perhaps it is, but it isn’t down to luck who you take home.
Obviously, it goes without saying that you might end up with ‘dead wood’ if you ask any of the following questions:
- If you had to be an animal, would you be an ant or an anteater?
- Do you think it’s better to have two legs with four webbed feet, or to have four legs with two webbed feet?
- It is said that if you have a smart phone, then you are only as smart as your phone. Would you agree?
- According to the popular film character Forest Gump, ‘life is a like a box of chocolates’. So, are you a strawberry delight, or a chocolate toffee finger?
However, if, like me, you think that the three most important things in life are money, sex and power, it’s obvious that you only need to ask three questions to find your perfect match. So, in light of this, and being in charge of my life, if I went to a speed dating event, I would ask the following:
- How much do you earn?
- What is your shoe size?
- I know your name is Pepé de Ronda, but would you mind it if I called you George Clooney?
So, if you went speed dating, what three questions would you ask? And, if you want to take part in an Inglés Málaga speed dating event, then email me for more information. Janette O’Carroll at:Janetteocarroll@gmail.com
And finally, last but not least, is life just a series of random events and moments, or, do you already know that you’re a coconut éclair?