Imagine you are a careers adviser and you are talking to a group of students about getting work during their free time.
First, talk about the advantages and disadvantages of these jobs. Then decide which two jobs would be the best for students.
Here are some ideas to help you:
- Salary: Badly paid, well paid
- Role: Opportunity to practise foreign languages, develop new skills and abilities
- Type of job – skills and knowledge required: Low skilled work, technical job, strong communication skills, great interpersonal skills,
- Working Conditions: temporary contract, flexible working hours, unsociable working hours, no sick pay, great holiday allowance,
- Type of person required: Ability to work under pressure, adaptable, creative, a people person, flexible, ability to work as part of team, ability to work independently, inventive, physically fit, strong emotional intelligence
- Additional: Challenging, boring, interesting, rewarding, educational, stressful, physically demanding, monotonous, wide variety of daily tasks
If you are interested in the topic of work, jobs and employment, why not check out the Work and Jobs section of this website.