- Can work in a team structure
- Can make decisions and solve problems with little supervision
- Can communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organisation
- Can plan, organise and prioritise work independently
- Can obtain and process information
- Can analyse quantitative data
- Can use computer software programmes
- Can create and/or edit written reports
- Can sell and influence others
- Can think for themselves
- Can adapt to new ideas, systems and processes
So, what do you think? Do you agree with the opinions of this magazine? And, as importantly, do you have any of the above abilities?
Experientially speaking, I can’t work in a team structure, I’m brilliant at making decisions but they aren’t always the right ones, I’m hooked on planning and organising, but I couldn’t sell an igloo to an Inuit. So, in a nutshell, it’s a good job I’m self-employed.