Modal Mania: Janette it is prohibited: You are not allowed to..
In my family we have a lot of Christmas traditions and customs, for example:
- We can’t open our presents until after lunch on Christmas Day. In fact, we are allowed to look at them, but we can’t touch, shake, smell or lick them
- Nobody is allowed to spend more than £30 on a single present
- My mother will not let us watch TV
- Nobody is allowed to blow out the Christmas candle that burns in our home for the 12 nights leading up to Christmas Day
- Nobody is allowed to sit under the chimney waiting for Father Christmas, nor are we allowed to drink the brandy we leave for him and his little helpers