According to the American business magazine, Forbes, the most important abilities or skills that employers want are as follows:
1. Can work in a team structure
2. Can make decisions and solve problems
3. Can communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organisation
4. Can plan, organise and prioritise work
5. Can obtain and process information
6. Can analyse quantitative data
7. Technical knowledge related to the job
8. Proficiency with computer software programmes
9. Can create and/or edit written reports
10. Can sell and influence others
So, do you have the above abilities? Do you agree?
Experientially speaking, I can’t work in a team structure, I’m brilliant at making decisions but they aren’t always the right ones, I’m hooked on planning and organising but I couldn’t sell an igloo to an Inuit. So, in a nutshell, it’s a good job I’m self-employed.