Today is the day to use your voice and vote with your head.
The polls have been open for a few hours and the ballot boxes are ready to accept your vote. That’s right, after months of political party campaigns, fantastical political storytelling and a lot of backstabbing and finger-pointing it’s time to exercise your democratic right to vote. And, in my book, you should vote with your head and not with your heart.
So, the things I have been thinking about include:
- Economic reform to support sole traders and the new generation of entrepreneurs
- Educational reform which moves away from standardisation and puts teachers at the policy table
- Infrastructural reform to support gender equality and racial, cultural and religious tolerance
- Financial commitment to medical and scientific research and development
- Practical measures to eradicate corruption and nepotism