The word fancy is very common in everyday speech and writing. You will hear it, see it and read it a lot. It has several meanings depending on the context:
- Do you fancy a cultural city break to Rome or a romantic getaway to Ronda?
- Fancy going on a camping trip to Ronda?
Meaning: Would you like to go on a city break or would you like to go to Ronda?
- I’m hungry. I fancy some banana and walnut cake.
Meaning: I have the desire to eat cake.
- I fancy George Clooney, Johnny Depp, David Beckham, Brad Pitt and Adam Levine
Meaning: I wouldn’t kick any of these guys out of my bed.
- Where do you fancy going to recharge your batteries?
- What do you fancy eating for lunch?
- Who do you fancy? And, no, you can’t fancy George Clooney because he’s mine!